Individual Poached Pear Crumble
With apricot sauce and cinnamon graham cracker topping.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, pears and vanilla in a small saucepan, mix well and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pears with a slotted spoon and place in 4 small ramekins or a rectangular baking dish.
- Combine corn starch and water until dissolved. Set aside.
- Add apricot preserves to saucepan. Whisk well and bring to a boil. Add corn starch paste to saucepan, stir until thickened.
- When sauce is thickened, remove from heat and spoon over pears.
- Melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Crush graham crackers to the size of breadcrumbs, mix together with melted butter.
- Crumble on top of pears and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen