20 minutes (plus 30 minutes to chill)
45 minutes (plus 30 minutes to chill)
Apple and Berry Tartlets
A mini version of a holiday pie.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- For Crust: In a food processor, process oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Add chilled butter; pulse until butter resembles the size of peas. Add vinegar and water slowly. Mix to form a firm dough. Chill the pastry dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- For Filling: In a medium bowl, combine filling ingredients.
- Place oatmeal dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out 24 3-inch rounds. If dough becomes too warm to work with, roll into a ball and refrigerate until chilled. Place dough rounds into muffin cups.
- Prick each dough round with a fork and bake for 10 minutes, allow to cool.
- Place 2 tablespoons of filling in each tartlet and bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen