10 minutes (plus 1 hour, 30 minutes to cool and chill)
1 hour (plus 1 hour, 30 minutes to cool and chill)
Classic Pecan Pie
Buttery, sugary and nutty - this classic pecan pie is sure to be a delightful treat. As it bakes, the comforting aroma of vanilla, cinnamon and toasted pecans fill the kitchen.
Start by preheating your oven to 350°, positioning a rack in the middle and warming a sheet pan inside. Prepare your pie crust by fitting it into a 9-inch pie plate, fluting the edges. Lightly pierce the crust's bottom with fork tines to ensure an even bake. Place it on the heated sheet pan in the oven for 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until they're light and frothy. Blend in the brown sugar, followed by the melted butter, corn syrup, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Once smooth, fold in 2 cups of pecans. Pour this mixture into your cooled pie crust. Arrange the remaining pecans on top for a decorative touch.
Place the pie back into the oven, letting it bake on the sheet pan for an initial 10 minutes. To ensure the crust retains its golden allure, wrap its edges with a protective layer of aluminum foil. Continue to bake for an additional 35 minutes, or until the pie's heart is firm and set. Once out of the oven, let it rest and cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes. For the flavors to fully meld and the texture to reach its peak, a brief stint in the refrigerator for an hour is the final touch.
This pie, with its rich layers and flavorful profile, is sure to earn its place as a family tradition in your home. Whether it's a family gathering, a holiday celebration or simply a dessert craving, this pecan pie stands as a testament to timeless recipes that bring people together.
- Preheat oven to 350° and place rack in the middle.
- Place a sheet pan in oven. Unroll pie crust and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Flute edges. Lightly pierce the bottom of the crust with fork tines multiple times. Place on heated sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes. Remove pie crust from oven and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Whisk in brown sugar until completely incorporated. Mix in the butter, corn syrup, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Fold in 2 cups pecans. Pour mixture into pie crust. Using the remaining 1/2 cup pecans, create a pattern or design on top of the pie.
- Return pie to sheet pan and place in the oven, bake for 10 minutes. Using aluminum foil, wrap the edge of the crust so it does not burn. Bake for additional 35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for one hour.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Megan, ALDI Test Kitchen