Cranberry Apple Granola Walnut Cobbler
A walnut crust with a cranberry apple filling and a granola topping.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with baking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts, 3 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons sugar until finely crumbled.
- Press crumbs into the bottom of the casserole dish. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan, bring the cranberries, apples, lemon zest, water, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and 2/3 cup sugar to a boil. Simmer 8 minutes. Pour over the walnut crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine the granola, 1/4 cup butter and 2 tablespoons sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the apple layer. Press down gently with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to rest 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Tip: Make it à la mode and top each cobbler serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
2 cups Southern Grove Walnuts
3 tablespoons + 1/4 cup Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, divided
5 tablespoons + 2/3 cup Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar, divided
5 ounces Southern Grove Dried Cranberries
4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
3/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 1/2 cups Sweet Home Farm Honey Nut Granola with Almonds
14 minutes (plus 20 minutes to rest)
55 minutes (plus 20 minutes to rest)