Individual Poached Pear Crumble
With apricot sauce and cinnamon graham cracker topping.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, pears and vanilla in a small saucepan, mix well and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pears with a slotted spoon and place in 4 small ramekins or a rectangular baking dish.
- Combine corn starch and water until dissolved. Set aside.
- Add apricot preserves to saucepan. Whisk well and bring to a boil. Add corn starch paste to saucepan, stir until thickened.
- When sauce is thickened, remove from heat and spoon over pears.
- Melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Crush graham crackers to the size of breadcrumbs, mix together with melted butter.
- Crumble on top of pears and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 1/2 cups Nature's Nectar Premium Orange Juice Not from Concentrate
1/2 cup Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cloves*
4 pears, peeled and diced
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla
2 tablespoons Baker's Corner Corn Starch*
2 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup Berryhill Apricot Preserves
1/4 cup Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
4.8 ounces (1 wrapped package) Benton's Cinnamon Graham Crackers
*These are Special Buy or Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.