20 minutes (plus cooling time)
40 (plus cooling time)
Lemon Curd Tart
- For the lemon curd, combine all lemon juice, zest, eggs, butter, and sugar in medium glass bowl over low heat of a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, bring water to boil in a medium size pot, with glass bowl on top of pot.
- Continuously stir with a rubber or wooden spoon until mixture begins to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Once thickened, transfer to a room temperature glass bowl and wrap with plastic film touching the surface of the curd. This prevents skin from forming on the curd. Allow to cool in refrigerator for a minimum 2 hours.
- For the shell, prior to baking, lightly dust pie crust with granulated sugar and prepare according to package instructions. Once baked, cool completely.
- To prepare the filling: combine cream cheese and half the lemon curd in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Transfer to prepared pie crust and spread until level.
- Spoon dollops of remaining curd crust and flare with a toothpick, if desired. Cool for 4 hours to set.
- Garnish with blueberries as desired, slice and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Trevor, ALDI Test Kitchen