Oatmeal Lime Curd Tart
A mini, healthier version of a classic.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat two 12-cup muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a food processor bowl, process oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Add chilled butter and pulse until butter resembles the size of peas. Add vinegar and water slowly and mix to form a firm dough. Rest the pastry dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- To make lime curd: In a medium saucepan, combine lime juice, lime zest and 1/4 cup sugar, bring to a boil. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar and eggs. Slowly drizzle lime juice mixture into eggs, whisking in order to bring egg mixture to room temperature, until all of lime juice mixture is incorporated.
- Place lime mixture in saucepan and return pan to stove. Slowly bring to a simmer over medium heat and continue whisking until thick and resembles pudding, about 3 minutes.
- Strain lime curd into a new medium bowl and place bowl over a bowl of ice water, whisk butter into lime curd. Stir lime curd every 5 minutes to reduce temperature to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap until needed and place in refrigerator.
- Place oatmeal dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to a ¼-inch thickness. Cut out 18 3-inch rounds. If dough becomes too warm to work with, roll into a ball and refrigerate until chilled. Place oatmeal dough rounds into muffin cups.
- Prick each oatmeal dough round with a fork and bake for 10 minutes, allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine raspberries, strawberries and blueberries.
- To assemble: Place 2 tablespoons of lime curd inside each crust and top with 1 tablespoon of berries.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen