Number of Servings:
White Chocolate Strawberry & Blueberry Turnover
Indulge this white chocolate strawberry & blueberry turnover recipe. Bursting with juicy fruit and sweet white chocolate, these turnovers are the perfect combination of fruity and indulgent.
To start, combine the quartered strawberries and blueberries with sugar, orange zest and juice in a medium bowl. Allow the mixture to sit for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together. After the berries have macerated, strain them and discard the liquid.
Meanwhile, roll out two pie crusts on a floured surface to form squares of approximately 12x12 inches. Cut each crust into 4 equal squares and place them on a lined baking sheet.
Next, divide the berry mixture and white chocolate evenly into the center of each square, then fold each square in half diagonally to form a triangle. Press the edges together lightly and crimp them with a fork to seal.
Brush the top of each turnover with beaten egg and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Then, cut a small "X" into the top of each crust to create a vent for steam to escape during baking.
The combination of sweet, tart berries with creamy white chocolate is simply divine. These turnovers are perfect for a special occasion or just as a sweet treat on a lazy afternoon. To take it to the next level, you can even dust them with powdered sugar or serve them with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Whether you're an experienced baker or a beginner, this recipe is easy to follow and sure to impress. Just be sure to take the pie crust out of the freezer to thaw while you're mixing your berries to ensure that it's ready to use. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you for this delicious treat!
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the berries with 2 tablespoons sugar, orange zest and juice. Toss until well coated. Allow the berries to sit for 30 minutes. Strain the berries and discard the liquid.
3. On a well-floured surface, roll out each pie crust to form a square approximately 12x12- inches. Cut each into 4 equal squares.
4. Lay each square onto the baking sheet.
5. Evenly divide the berry mixture into the center of each square. Top with white chocolate.
6. Brush the edges with the beaten egg. Fold each square in half, diagonally to form a triangle. Press the edges together lightly and crimp with a fork to seal.
7. Brush the top with egg and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Cut a small "X" into the top of the crust to create a pie vent.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
If desired, dust with powdered sugar, or top with a scoop of your favorite ice cream
Tip: Take the pie crust out to thaw after you mix your berries.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen