Number of Servings:
White Chocolate Strawberry & Blueberry Turnover
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the berries with 2 tablespoons sugar, orange zest and juice. Toss until well coated. Allow the berries to sit for 30 minutes. Strain the berries and discard the liquid.
3. On a well-floured surface, roll out each pie crust to form a square approximately 12x12- inches. Cut each into 4 equal squares.
4. Lay each square onto the baking sheet.
5. Evenly divide the berry mixture into the center of each square. Top with white chocolate.
6. Brush the edges with the beaten egg. Fold each square in half, diagonally to form a triangle. Press the edges together lightly and crimp with a fork to seal.
7. Brush the top with egg and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Cut a small "X" into the top of the crust to create a pie vent.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
If desired, dust with powdered sugar, or top with a scoop of your favorite ice cream
Tip: Take the pie crust out to thaw after you mix your berries.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen