Apricot and Vanilla Custard Parfait
- Prepare the angel food cake as directed per package instructions. Cool completely. This step can be completed 1 day in advance.
- Prepare custard: In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn starch, salt, egg yolks and milk. Bring to a boil, continually whisking until thickened. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter and vanilla. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Prepare apricot sauce: In a microwave safe bowl, heat apricot preserves and water for 1 minute or until melted, whisk until smooth. Reserve.
- To Assemble: Chop cake into bite-sized pieces. In eight small glasses, layer the following: apricot sauce, cake, custard, cake and repeat until glasses are full.
- Top with desired amount of whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen
16 ounces Baker's Corner Angel Food Cake Mix*
½ cup Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
3 tablespoons Baker's Corner Corn Starch*
¼ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
4 Goldhen Large Eggs, yolks only
3 cups Friendly Farms 2% Milk
2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
1 ½ teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla
½ cup Berryhill Apricot Preserves
2 tablespoons water
Friendly Farms Whipped Dairy Topping (optional)
Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon (optional)
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
15 minutes (plus 2 hours to chill)
1 hour (plus 2 hours to chill)