Apricot and Vanilla Custard Parfait
- Prepare the angel food cake as directed per package instructions. Cool completely. This step can be completed 1 day in advance.
- Prepare custard: In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn starch, salt, egg yolks and milk. Bring to a boil, continually whisking until thickened. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter and vanilla. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Prepare apricot sauce: In a microwave safe bowl, heat apricot preserves and water for 1 minute or until melted, whisk until smooth. Reserve.
- To Assemble: Chop cake into bite-sized pieces. In eight small glasses, layer the following: apricot sauce, cake, custard, cake and repeat until glasses are full.
- Top with desired amount of whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen