Eggnog Crème Brûlée
Awesome and easy!
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream, eggnog, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, brown sugar and 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Stir frequently to dissolve sugar and bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until frothy.
- Slowly whisk in cream mixture.
- Set eight ovenproof medium ramekins in 13x9-inch baking pans. Divide the custard evenly between the eight dishes.
- Add boiling water to baking pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until center is set yet still jiggles.
- Remove from water bath and let cool 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and cover tops in granulated sugar.
- Caramelize sugar with a kitchen torch or place under hot broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- Let cool 1 minute and top with whipped dairy topping.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 cup Friendly Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
1 cup Friendly Farms Eggnog*
1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Nutmeg*
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla
1/4 cup Baker's Corner
3/4 cup Baker’s Corner Granulated Sugar, divided
8 Goldhen Large Eggs,
Friendly Farms Whipped Dairy Topping
*These are Special Buy or Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
3 hours, 20 minutes