Mini Coffee Choco Flan
Moist chocolate chip cake topped with creamy coffee custard.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, combine muffin mix, 2 eggs, oil and ¾ cup water. Mix with a rubber spatula until evenly combined; set aside. Batter will be lumpy.
- In a blender, add remaining 8 eggs, coffee, condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla. Mix on high speed 1 minute, refrigerate.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining 1 cup water and sugar. Cook over medium-high heat until mix becomes caramel colored. Remove from heat.
- Pour 2 teaspoons caramel into muffin tins followed by 2 tablespoons batter. Fill muffin tins to the top with egg mixture.
- Place muffin tins in a large baking dish. Fill baking dish ½ way with hot water.
- Bake 25 minutes. Using a knife, cut around each muffin and immediately invert onto a plate.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen