Pumpkin Crème Brûlée
An easy and exquisite alternative to pumpkin pie.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream, coffee creamer, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, cloves, brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- Stir frequently to dissolve sugar. Bring to a boil, then immediately remove from heat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until frothy.
- Slowly whisk in cream mixture, then whisk in pumpkin puree.
- Set 16 medium ovenproof ramekins in 13x9-inch baking pans. Divide the custard evenly between the 16 dishes.
- Add boiling water to baking pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake 40-55 minutes or until center is set yet still jiggles.
- Remove from water bath, cool about 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and cover tops in remaining granulated sugar.
- Caramelize sugar with a kitchen torch or place under hot broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- Let cool 1 minute and top with whipped dairy topping.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen