5 minutes (plus 10 minutes to chill)
10 minutes (plus 10 minutes to chill)
4 per flavor
Italian Soda Three Ways
A delicious low-calorie summer beverage.
For Mixed Fruit or Blueberry White Grape:
- Combine fruit, sugar and water in blender; pulse until pureed.
- In a small saucepan, simmer puree until reduced by half. Refrigerate until cool.
- In a tall glass, mix 3 tablespoons puree and ¼ cup half & half. Add 2 cups sparkling flavored water, top with ice. Stir until combined, serve.
For Black Cherry Vanilla:
- In a small bowl, stir together half & half and vanilla.
- In a tall glass, combine ¼ cup mixture with 2 cups sparkling black cherry flavored water. Top with ice, stir to combine.
TIP: To keep the half & half from curdling, you must first mix it with the fruit puree or vanilla, then add sparkling water, then ice. When stirred, a foam will form on the top!
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen