- In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- For the artichoke fritters: In a medium bowl, combine the artichokes, garlic, lemon zest and juice, egg and milk. Stir until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Add to the artichoke mixture and stir until well combined.
- In batches, drop the artichoke mixture by the tablespoon into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- For the yogurt sauce: In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Serve the fritters on a platter with a dollop of the yogurt sauce.
TIP: Make the fritters the night before and reheat in a 425° oven for 8 minutes or until hot. For a stronger lemon flavor, add an additional 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest to the fritter batter.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen