- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together oil and sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add in carrots and pineapple.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and flour.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup walnuts.
- Pour batter into two lightly greased 8-inch round cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool completely and remove from pans.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Trim and level cakes. Spread 1 1/2 cups frosting over the top of one cake and stack the second cake on top.
- Carefully frost the entire cake with remaining frosting and garnish with remaining 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
TIP: To enhance the texture and flavor, replace 3/4 cup all purpose flour with 3/4 cup almond flour.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kevin, ALDI Test Kitchen