Brie and Apple Tart
A cheese plate paired with the perfect wine wrapped in a pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Remove rind from brie. In a stand mixer, combine brie with cream until fully incorporated. Mixture will contain lumps.
- Line pie plate with pie crust, and flute the edges. Spread brie mixture on the bottom, refrigerate.
- In a small saucepan, combine wine, 1/2 cup sugar, cranberries and apricots. Simmer until the fruit has absorbed all of the moisture, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Meanwhile, arrange apple slices over brie mixture, leaving space around the edge and center for fruit mixture.
- Spoon fruit mixture in center and around edges of pie. Sprinkle the top with remaining sugar. Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, brush apples with melted butter. Cool for 5-8 minutes before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen