Cinnamon Vanilla Flan
No-bake flan with caramel sauce.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and evaporated milk. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, until small bubbles appear on the bottom of pan when tilted. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining flan ingredients. Slowly whisk a small amount of the milk mixture into the egg mixture, to prevent scrambling the eggs. Continue whisking in order to bring mixture to room temperature.
- Whisk the egg mixture into the remaining milk mixture and return to stove. Cook over medium-low heat for an additional 10 minutes, or until thickened. Strain mixture into a medium bowl.
- Fill 10 ramekins 3/4 full with the custard mixture and chill for 1 hour.
- For caramel: In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir until combined. When butter and brown sugar starts to caramelize, turn heat off and whisk in half & half. Allow caramel to cool slightly.
- To serve, use a butter knife to loosen flan from sides of ramekin. Invert ramekin onto a small plate. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of caramel on top of each flan.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen