- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup oil, paprika and chili powder.
- Place eggplant slices on baking sheet. Brush each side evenly with the paprika oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn and finish baking for 8 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, toast the almonds, about 2 minutes. Reserve.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic and onions for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach in batches, stirring until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a colander to drain excess liquid for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach mixture, almonds and gouda. Place 1/5 of the mixture on the larger half of each eggplant slice. Fold the smaller half over the spinach mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen