Chicken Tortilla Chili
A hearty, yet healthy version of the classic Mexican soup.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 2 cups chicken broth with one can of cannellini beans. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. In a medium bowl, toss together chicken, cumin, paprika, chili powder, lime juice, cayenne and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add onion, garlic and jalapeño. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add reserved chicken broth mixture, remaining 3 cups chicken broth, beans, salsa and tortilla chips. Season to taste with salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, sour cream and shredded cheese.
TIP: If you don't have a food processor or blender, you can achieve the same thickening results by mashing the beans by hand.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen