Fall Frenzy Roast Stew
Pumpkin, cranberries and holiday spices lend a warmth to this autumn stew.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion and bacon, and cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cinnamon, pepper, nutmeg and onion powder in a medium bowl. Add roast pieces and toss to coat.
- Remove onion and bacon and reserve, leaving drippings in pan. Sear roast pieces on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together, broth, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, pumpkin and cranberry sauce.
- Return onion and bacon to pan. Add apple slices and liquid mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cover and bake for 2 ½ - 3 hours, or until tender.
- Remove meat and large pieces from pot. Reserve. Return pot to stove over medium heat and reduce sauce to desired consistency. Stir in meat. Season to taste with salt.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen