Top Sirloin with Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice the zucchini on an angle into ¼-inch slices. Marinate in the balsamic vinaigrette for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Grill or sear until tender, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot of water with 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-25 minutes until fork tender.
- While potatoes cook, divide ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and a drizzle of olive oil among steaks.
- Preheat grill or grill pan over high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sear steaks on each side until brown and caramelized. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium rare steaks.
- Drain the potatoes, add 2 tablespoons butter, ¼ cup half and half, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mash until desired consistency.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, sauté the minced onion in 1 tablespoon butter. Add the Chardonnay, reduce until the onions absorb most of the wine. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon flour, stir for 1 minute. Whisk in ¾ cup half and half.
- Stir in the blue cheese, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Place a portion of zucchini on one corner of each plate, a scoop of the mashed potatoes at the opoosite corner, spoon sauce onto plate and top with sliced steak. Serve with a glass of remaining Chardonnay.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen