Stuffed Pizza Burger
Pepperoni beef burger stuffed with fresh mozzarella and sandwiched between a parmesan garlic bun.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Preheat grill on high.
- Open buns, spread the cut side of each half with butter. Sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Cut four ¼-inch slices from the mozzarella ball. Break the remaining cheese into smaller pieces. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, oregano, remaining ¼ cup parmesan cheese, ½ cup pepperoni, salt, pepper and ¼ cup of marinara sauce. Mix until well combined; divide into 8 portions.
- Form into patties, top 4 with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Cover with remaining patties and pinch edges together until all seams are closed. Shape into a uniform round patty.
- Grill patties for 7 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and place on a baking sheet. Finish cooking in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 130°. Top each patty with remaining marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, serve on toasted buns.
TIP: Along with the cheese and pepperoni, try topping the burgers with more great pizza toppings such as bell peppers, mushrooms or onions.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen