Black Bean Quinoa Burritos
Vegetarian burritos packed with superfoods, perfect for any fiesta!
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, ½ teaspoon chili powder, ½ teaspoon cumin and ½ teaspoon salt. Rub spice mixture on corn and grill for 6 minutes turning frequently or until corn is semi-charred. Cool for 1 minute and remove kernels from cob. Reserve kernels.
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, melt coconut oil. Add onion, pepper, garlic, remaining ½ teaspoon chili powder, remaining ½ teaspoon cumin, remaining teaspoon salt and pepper. Sauté until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add salsa and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add reserved corn, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, hot sauce and avocado. Stir until thoroughly combined; reserve.
- Add water to pot and bring to a boil; add quinoa and beans. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Add to corn mixture and stir until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place tortillas in the microwave and heat according to packaging instructions.
- Divide spinach among 8 tortillas, place in center. Repeat with quinoa mixture.
- Fold the right and left sides of the tortilla towards the center. Fold the top half towards you tucking it under the mixture. Continue to roll to create a classic burrito shape.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen