Citrus Summer Shrimp Salad
A punch of citrus, Hispanic and Asian flavors in a harmonious shrimp-topped salad.
- Use a peeler to peel the outer skin from the flesh of the mango. Slice around the mango pit to release the flesh. Slice 1/2 of the mango into thin slices, reserve. Large dice the other half and reserve it for the vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl, marinate the shrimp in the Teriyaki Marinade. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette, add the diced mango, orange juice, orange zest, lime juice, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- While the blender is still running, remove the center cap of the blender top and slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream until blended, reserve.
- Working quickly, grill the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side or until shrimp appear opaque and lightly charred. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, toss together the spring mix, cashews and green onions.
- Pour the citrus mango vinaigrette into the salad mixture. Toss until incorporated.
- On a large platter, layer the salad mixture, red onion, sliced mango and shrimp. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen