Summer Berry Salad
Fresh greens tossed in a raspberry vinaigrette with mixed berries, honey goat cheese and candied walnuts.
- For the Salted Candied Walnuts: In a medium saucepan, over low heat, combine walnuts, sugar and water. Stir continuously for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- For the Raspberry Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine raspberries and sugar. Roll raspberries around to thoroughly coat. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, mash raspberries until well blended. Using a spatula, press mashed raspberries through a small strainer into another medium bowl, discard seeds.
- Whisk in red wine vinegar, salt, and lemon juice. While continuing to whisk, slowly drizzle in canola oil.
- Combine blueberries, strawberries, goat cheese, and spring mix in a large bowl. Toss with desired amount of vinaigrette.
- Garnish with candied walnuts.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Trevor, ALDI Test Kitchen