Blue Corn, Great Northern Bean & Salsa Mini Pies
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, blue corn chips and parmesan; mix thoroughly. Sprinkle onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Spray a 12-cup standard muffin tin with cooking spray. Line each cup with plastic wrap.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the black beans. Drain liquid and puree the beans. Stir in the onion, ½ teaspoon salt and the corn chip crumble. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cups. Press the mixture into the bottom to form a crust.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the great northern beans. Drain liquid and puree the beans. Stir in ½ cup mozzarella cheese and ¼ teaspoon salt. Spread evenly on top of each crust.
- Layer a dollop of sour cream on each crust. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and then a spoonful of salsa. Chill overnight.
- Gently lift each pie out of the pie mold with the plastic wrap and plate each pie.
Tip: To make a whole 9-inch pie or a miniature version, prepare pie pan as the standard muffin tin is prepped in Step 3. Follow the same layering method.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen