Cranberry Cream Cheese Bread Pudding
Yummy, festive and a delicious blend of sweet and tart, this bread pudding is the perfect addition to any Christmas morning spread.
For the Bread Pudding Base:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and tightly place as many brioche buns as you can fit, in a single layer. Cut a slit into the top of each bun.
- Combine milk, egg and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Pour over top of the buns and let sit for 10 minutes.
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to beat until smooth.
- Add a spoonful of cream cheese into the slit of each bun, then spread the rest on top of the buns.
For the Cranberry Topping:
- Place cranberries, water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 5 - 10 minutes until cranberries burst and slightly thicken.
- Remove from heat, gently stir in the vanilla extract.
- Spread cranberry mixture over top of cream cheese and brioche bun base.
Bake uncovered for 30 - 35 minutes, until slightly golden brown.
Recipe and image courtesy of @thesweetestoccasion.