Red Wine Molten Dark Chocolate Cake
A warm and delicious blend of dark chocolate and red wine.
- For the ganache: In a medium pan over medium-high heat, bring the cream to a boil.
- Place chocolate in a medium glass bowl and cover with boiling cream. Let sit for 5 minutes, or until the chocolate has softened. Using a spatula carefully stir the chocolate and cream until fully combined.
- Stir in wine, and butter and stir until fully incorporated. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 24 hours, or until ganache has become firm.
- For the red wine reduction: Place wine and sugar in a small sauce pan, bring to a boil and reduce until a syrupy consistency is achieved, about 10 to 15 minutes. Reserve.
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Coat 12 4-ounce ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, wine, eggs, water and oil and beat together with an electric hand mixer.
- Fill each ramekin 1/3 of the way with cake batter, top with 1 tablespoon of firm ganache in the center and fill with cake batter to just below the lip of the ramekin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges of the cake are firm and the center is not fully set. Allow cakes to cool for 5 minutes, top with red wine reduction and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen