Sweet Potato Chocolate Teasecake
Decadent sweet potato "cheesecake" topped with silky chocolate. A perfect ending to any holiday meal.
- In a large bowl, combine cashews and hot water. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, soaking cashews until soft (about 2 hours) or overnight. Drain water, reserving cashews.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place sweet potato halves on a baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil. Bake until potatoes are tender, approximately 35-45 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine cereal and 2 cups pecans; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add dates and maple syrup. Pulse until a soft dough forms. Push dough into bottom and sides of a springform pan. Bake until brown, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool.
- In a blender, combine cashews and almond milk. Blend until smooth. Add reserved sweet potatoes, bourbon, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 1 cup brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla; mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into cooled crust; reserve.
- In a small pot, over low heat, heat 2 teaspoons coconut oil, chocolate bars and salt. Cook until bars are melted; pour evenly over sweet potato mixture. Freeze until center is set, approximately 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining 1 teaspoon coconut oil, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and baking cocoa, mix thoroughly. Add remaining ½ cup pecans, toss to coat. Garnish frozen cake with coated pecans.
TIP: Serve any remaining melted chocolate on the side or pour into Mason jars and give as a gift.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen