Butternut Squash, Kale and Caramelized Onion Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a 9x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine the butternut squash, 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Grill each side for 5 minutes, until tender. Reserve.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions, thyme and rosemary until caramelized, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Transfer to a bowl, reserve.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and water over low heat. Add the kale, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, reserve.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the flour, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, simmer for 5 minutes until sauce thickens, whisking occasionally.
- Add half of the goat cheese, stir until melted. Season with remaining 2 teaspoons salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Combine kale and remaining half of the goat cheese.
- To Assemble: Coat the bottom of the baking pan with 1/3 of the sauce, layer with 1/2 the butternut squash, 1/2 the kale mixture and 1/2 the caramelized onions. Repeat with 1/3 of the sauce, 1/4 cup Italian blend cheese, remaining butternut squash, kale mixture and onions. Top with the remaining sauce and Italian blend cheese. Bake for 40 minutes until the top is golden. Allow to rest for 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen