Mediterranean Seared Flounder with Mussels
- In a medium pan, combine mussels and 1/4 cup olive juice. Heat, covered, over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Brush the flounder fillets with the mixture. Reserve remaining mixture.
- Cut tops off of green onions, discard. Slice the remaining green portion and reserve the whites and green slices.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook the fish fillets 2 minutes per side until they reach an internal temperature of 145°.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil mixture over medium-high heat. Sear the onion wedges and white portion of green onions. Add the Spanish manzanilla olives, kalamata olives and lemon slices, cover and cook for 5 minutes until the onions are tender.
- Plate all ingredients together. Garnish with reserved sliced green onions.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen