Red Wine Poached Pear and Arugula Salad with Rosemary Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter and pecans. Toss to coat.
- Spread mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes or until sugar has melted. Allow to cool completely and crumble.
- In a large sauté pan, combine red wine, sugar, rosemary sprigs and cloves. Place pears, cut side down, in mixture. Cut out a circle of parchment paper the same size as the sauté pan and cover sauté pan.
- Heat on very low heat for 20-30 minutes. Liquid should only steam slightly, not boil. When pears have softened, remove from pan and slice thin. Reserve in refrigerator.
- Return pan to stovetop on medium heat and reduce until wine is syrup consistency. Remove rosemary sprigs and allow mixture to cool in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine reduction, vinegar and honey. Whisk to combine.
- Toss arugula in dressing and plate. Top with pears, crumbled pecans and shaved parmesan.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kevin, ALDI Test Kitchen