Seared Salmon with Oranges and Pomegranate
- In a small bowl, combine orange zest, parsley, pomegranate seeds and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper, reserve.
- On a plate, pat salmon dry with paper towel; season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add minced ginger; sauté until lightly brown about 2-3 minutes. Move ginger to edge of pan. Add salmon; cook until internal temperature reads 145°, approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add orange segments and remaining salt and pepper. Sauté oranges about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To serve, place 2 tablespoons pomegranate mixture on a plate, top with salmon, arrange orange segments atop salmon and around plate.
TIP: To remove the seeds from a whole pomegranate, cut the pomegranate in half, place cut side down in the palm of your hand; over a bowl tap with a heavy spoon or spatula.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Morgan, ALDI Test Kitchen