Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrots
Sweet potatoes, carrots, garbanzo beans and olives stewed with tomatoes and spices.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes, or until caramelized. Remove from pan and reserve.
- In the same skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Sauté 1 teaspoon garlic, sweet potatoes and carrots for 10 minutes, stirring often to evenly caramelize outside skin.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, tomatoes and reserved onions. Stir, cover and cook for 15 minutes until tender. Remove from pan and reserve.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon garlic over medium-high heat. Add the garbanzo beans, olives, remaining 1 teaspoon thyme, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Sauté 5 minutes, until the garbanzo beans and olives are crispy.
- Return the sweet potatoes and carrots to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen