55 minutes (plus overnight to marinate)
1 hour, 3 minutes (plus overnight to marinate)
Carne Asada Tostada with Pico de Gallo
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- For pico de gallo: In a medium bowl, combine onion, tomato, cilantro and jalapeño. Add the lime juice and season to taste with salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 cups vegetable oil to 375°. Fry tortillas for 1 minute per side or until golden brown. Drain tostada shells on paper towels.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sauté tip steak until brown and cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the refried beans in the microwave or on the stove.
- To assemble: Spread each tostada with refried beans. Top with shredded cheese, steak, pico de gallo and shredded lettuce.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates, ALDI Test Kitchen