12 minutes (plus 30 minutes to marinate)
35 minutes (plus 30 minutes to marinate)
Grilled Chimichurri Steak Sandwich
- Combine parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, lemon juice, vinegar, oil and water in a blender until smooth to make a chimichurri sauce.
- Reserve ½ cup of chimichurri sauce.
- Pour remaining chimichurri sauce in a recloseable gallon sized bag. Add skirt steak and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a cast iron grill pan, grill skirt steak to desired temperature. Let meat rest for 10 minutes.
- Split each ciabatta roll and brush with butter. Grill bread on the grill pan until toasted. Reserve.
- In a medium bowl, toss arugula with reserved chimichurri sauce. Reserve.
- Slice steak against the grain to desired width. Reserve.
- To assemble the sandwiches, layer the steak on the bottom pieces of the ciabatta rolls, followed by 1 slice of Havarti and caramelized onions. Finish with arugula and top of ciabatta roll.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen