15 minutes (plus 2 hours to marinate)
1 hour, 45 minutes
2 hours (plus 2 hours to marinate)
Roasted Leg of Lamb
A classic holiday dish!
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a food processor, grind 1 tablespoon black pepper, 1 ½ teaspoons salt,
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, bay leaves, garlic cloves and olive oil. Apply spice mixture to lamb leg roast, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 ½ hours. Remove lamb from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- In a roasting pan, combine 2 teaspoons black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, vegetable oil, carrots and onions. Place lamb leg roast fat side up on top of vegetables and roast at 425° for 30 minutes. Lower heat to 350° and cook for additional 50 minutes, or until internal temperature is 135° for medium rare and 145° for medium. Add peas for last 20 minutes.
- Remove roast from pan, rest on a cutting board and lightly tent with aluminum foil. Cover vegetables with aluminum foil while preparing pan sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté butter for 30 seconds, whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Pour wine into pan and scrape bottom of pan. Bring to a boil and reduce liquid by half. Add beef broth and 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste with pepper and salt.
- Slice roast in ½-inch pieces. Place vegetable mixture on bottom of platter and fan out the lamb over vegetables. Serve with pan sauce on the side and your favorite horseradish sauce, if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen