30 minutes, plus 1 hour, 30 minutes to marinate
15 minutes, plus 5 minutes to rest
45 minutes, plus 1 hour and 35 minutes to rest and marinate
8 Pinwheel Skewers
Skirt Steak Pinwheel Skewers
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- For the marinade; Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade. Slicing the steak horizontally to form two thin halves. Using a mallet or rolling pin flatten steak to 1/8" to 1/4"-inch thick.
- In the large bowl add the steak to the marinate and let stand 30 minutes at room temperature. Place the cucumber, watermelon and tomato in a medium sized bowl and mix with reserved 1/2 cup marinade.
- For the feta whip; Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse for 1 minute, then puree for 4-5 minutes, scraping down the sides when necessary, until creamy.
- Remove steaks from marinade, pat dry. Combine the feta and parsley and sprinkle over steak pieces. Leaving 1/4"-inch around the edges.
- Tightly and carefully roll up the steak horizontally, with the grain, into a tight pinwheel about 1 1/2 " inches. Wrap in plastic and twist both ends to form a tight cylinder. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove plastic from steak and use toothpicks to secure roll. Place on grill. Close lid and turn every 3-4 minutes to grill all sides of steak. Cook until it reaches 130°. Remove from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing into 1/2-inch slices.
- Assemble the skewers with marinated fruit and vegetables and top with steak pinwheel. Serve with feta dip.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jacob and Brandon, ALDI Test Kitchen