5 minutes (plus 1 hour to marinate)
2 hours, 50 minutes
2 hours, 55 minutes (plus 1 hour to marinate)
Wine Braised Country Style Beef Ribs
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine apple juice, vinegar, wine and beef. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Heat vegetable oil in braiser over medium-high heat. Remove ribs from marinade, reserving marinade. Pat ribs dry and sear ribs on both sides until browned. Remove ribs and reserve.
- Heat olive oil over medium high-heat. Add onions, carrots and squash; cook for 10 minutes, scraping brown bits from bottom of braiser. Add garlic and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze braiser with reserved marinade and beef broth. Add bay leaves and crushed red pepper. Add ribs back into braiser and cover. Place in oven for 2½ hours or until ribs are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Audrey, ALDI Test Kitchen