1 hour, 30 minutes
Blue Cheese Corn Bread Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- Heat oven to 450°.
- For the chicken: Season with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven or pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add chicken breasts, chicken broth, 2 cups of the barbecue sauce, paprika, garlic and thyme to the Dutch oven. Stir to combine. Make sure the chicken is covered with liquid. If it is not, add additional chicken broth or water to the pot.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Braise the chicken for 40-50 minutes, flipping the chicken every 15 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165° and is fork tender. Remove the lid and shred the chicken with two forks.
- Turn the heat to medium high. Stir in the remaining barbeque sauce and continue cooking, stirring often until the chicken has absorbed most of the liquid and becomes thick and saucy.
- For the muffins: Coat two 12-cup muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all muffin ingredients. Stir to combine. Evenly distribute among muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Slice the muffins in half and fill with pulled chicken. Top with additional blue cheese and sliced jalapeno if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, recipe updated by Audrey, ALDI Test Kitchen