15 minutes (plus 30 minutes for duck to reach room temperature)
1 hour, 30 minutes
1 hour, 45 minutes (plus 30 minutes for duck to reach room temperature)
Cranberry Glazed Duck
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove sauce packet from duck and discard. Place duck in a roasting pan and allow duck to reach room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Combine olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, ginger and thyme. Add vegetables to roasting pan. Season both the vegetables and duck with mixture both inside and out. Insert lemon and orange pieces into the duck cavity. Using twine or aluminum foil, truss the duck. Using a small knife or fork poke the skin and roast duck for 60 to 90 minutes, basting duck and vegetables frequently with duck fat drippings.
- In a medium pot, over medium-high heat, pour in wine and cook until reduced by half. Add cranberry sauce and cook until sauce is melted. Remove from heat and whisk in butter, one tablespoon at a time.
- In the last 30 minutes of cook time, brush with glaze every 10 minutes. Reserve some to drizzle.
- Duck is cooked to medium rare when juices from the fattest parts run pale rosy and well done when temperature reaches 165°. Remove duck from oven and remove lemons and oranges from cavity. Place duck and vegetables on a serving platter and drizzle with remaining glaze.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Tricia, ALDI Test Kitchen