10 chicken fingers
Honey Crunch Chicken Fingers
Crunchy chicken paired with two unique sauces, Apricot Ketchup and Creamy Honey Mustard.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels; season with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Using a large plastic bag and a rolling pin, or a food processor, crush cereal until fine but still has some crunchy texture. Pour onto a large sheet tray and set aside.
- Beat eggs, and then add honey and remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour into a shallow bowl or pie plate and set aside.
- To assemble, dip chicken tenders into egg mixture, then into crushed cereal. Place on a sheet tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and has reached 165°. Flip halfway through cooking time.
- Serve with creamy honey mustard and apricot ketchup for dipping.
Creamy Honey Mustard
- Combine Dijon mustard, mayonnaise and honey.
- Serve with chicken.
- Place dried apricots into a medium pot with 2 cups water. Bring water to a boil, cook for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 15-20 minutes or until very soft. Drain.
- In a large pot, combine apricots, tomatoes, onion and garlic. Bring to boil, then simmer for 30-40 minutes or until mixture has become very soft and mushy.
- Puree in a food processor, and then press through a fine sieve. Discard pulp.
- Place puree in a large pot with remaining ingredients. Simmer 30-40 minutes or until mixture has thickened to the consistency of ketchup.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature alongside Honey Crunch Chicken Fingers.
Recipes courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen