4 hours, 15 minutes
Honey Garlic Pulled Chicken with Pineapple Slaw
A tasty slow cooker pulled chicken served alongside a sweet and spicy pineapple slaw.
- For the chicken: In a slow cooker, add soy sauce, honey and garlic. Stir until honey is dissolved. Add chicken and coat in sauce.
- Turn slow cooker on high and cook for 2 hours. Turn chicken and continue cooking another 2 hours.
- For the slaw: In a large bowl, combine pineapple, cabbage, green onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Toss with cabbage mixture and refrigerate.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl. Discard bones and shred the meat. Keep warm.
- Strain the liquid into a small saucepan. Cook on high until reduced by half. Toss with shredded chicken.
- Serve chicken alongside slaw and your favorite tortillas.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen
Calories 290 Total Fat 11g Sodium 500 mg Total Carbohydrate 15g Fiber 2g Sugars 12g Protein 31g