Spicy Ginger Chicken
- Combine egg whites and corn starch, whisk until smooth. Toss chicken in egg white mixture until chicken is thoroughly coated. Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In a wok, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add chicken, cook until chicken turns white. Strain chicken, reserve one tablespoon of oil.
- In a wok, heat reserved oil over high heat. Add garlic, ginger, 2 tablespoons green onions and cook until fragrant and the garlic turns slightly brown.
- Add pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, crushed red pepper and soy sauce. Cook until slightly reduced. Add reserved chicken and toss until coated.
- Add carrots, green beans and almonds. Heat until vegetables are hot.
- Serve on top of white rice, and top with remaining green onions.
TIP: When cooking in a wok, it is important to have all ingredients prepared before any cooking takes place. Because of the high temperature of wok cooking, there is very little time in between the addition of each new ingredient.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen