Thai Chili Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons garlic, 2 teaspoons ginger, bell pepper and carrot. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the green onion and sauté 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the turkey, cumin, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix until well combined. Form into 24 balls, place on a baking sheet and bake for 13 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water, vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, crushed red pepper, ketchup and Sriracha. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 teaspoon of water and corn starch. Whisk it into the sauce mix, simmer for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Toss the balls in sauce. Garnish with red bell pepper, carrot, or radish if desired.
Tip: Top with crushed cashews for an added crunch.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen