10 minutes (plus 30 minutes to cool)
40 minutes (plus 30 minutes to cool)
Turkey and Brie Sandwich with Cranberry Mustard Aioli
Leftovers get a new life with this Turkey and Brie Sandwich recipe with Cranberry Mustard Aioli. Tangy melted brie contrasts deliciously with tart cranberries and salty turkey. For added flavor make your own pickled red onions to top this delicious sandwich.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add pan drippings. Add onion and garlic, sauté for 5 minutes. Add wine and vinegar, continue cooking until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add cranberries, mustard, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg and honey. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Stir in mayonnaise and reserve.
- Brush bottoms of ciabatta rolls with butter, spread 1 tablespoon of cranberry mustard aioli on 4 halves. Top with 3 slices of turkey and 3 slices of brie. Cover each sandwich with remaining halves.
- In a large pan over medium heat, place buttered side of bread down. Brush top slice of bread with butter. Flip sandwich and cook until each side is golden brown.
- Place sandwiches on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with spinach arugula mix and pickled red onions if desired.
Tip: Add pickled onions to your sandwich for some extra flavor!
- Thinly slice 2 red onions and place in a mason jar.
- Combine 1 cup white vinegar, 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon sugar and bring to a simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over onions and let sit at least 1 hour.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Audrey, ALDI Test Kitchen