Pot o' Gold Soup
A blend of Irish flavors, the perfect recipe for your St. Patrick's Day leftovers!
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Stir in onion, carrots and celery and sauté for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add beer and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth, cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Add evaporated milk and stir to combine. Mash potatoes to desired consistency. Add corned beef, cabbage, lemon juice, hot sauce, stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen