Coconut Macadamia Salmon
This coconut macadamia salmon recipe is unique and exquisite, bringing together flavors from all over the world. The recipe is an combination of nutty macadamias, sweet coconut and savory salmon, making it a perfect standout dish for a dinner party or a special family meal.
The recipe is actually pretty simple. It requires only a few ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store, ALDI perhaps. You will need fresh Atlantic salmon, roasted and salted macadamias, coconut flakes, lime zest, fresh thyme, olive oil and ground sea salt and peppercorn.
To make the dish, you will start by toasting the macadamias and coconut flakes in the oven until they turn golden brown. Then, you will mix them with lime zest and fresh thyme to create a flavorful topping for the salmon. Next, you will cut the salmon into six portions and sear them in a hot cast-iron skillet until the skin is crispy. Finally, you will add the macadamia and coconut mixture to the salmon and bake it in the oven until it's cooked through.
The result is a dish that is bursting with flavor and texture. The salmon is tender and flaky, while the macadamias and coconut flakes add crunch and nuttiness. The lime zest and thyme give the dish a bright and fresh flavor that perfectly complements the richness of the salmon.
Coconut macadamia salmon is a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of sides. It pairs well with steamed vegetables, rice or roasted potatoes. For an extra burst of flavor, you can drizzle the salmon with a citrus hollandaise sauce.
This recipe is perfect for a variety of occasions, whether you are looking to impress dinner guests or simply want to treat your family to a delicious and healthy meal. With its combination of fresh, natural ingredients and bold flavors, coconut macadamia salmon is sure to become a new favorite in your household.
Coconut Macadamia Salmon
1. Heat oven to 375°.
2. Place chopped macadamias and coconut flakes on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
3. In a small bowl, combine macadamias, coconut flakes, lime zest and fresh thyme. Stir to combine. Reserve.
4. Cut salmon side into 6 portions.
5. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with oil. Sear the salmon skin side down for 1-2 minutes, until the skin is crispy. Turn and sear for 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat. Turn fillets skin side down.
6. Top fillets with macadamia and coconut mixture. Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish remaining thyme over salmon filets.
Tip: For additional flavor, drizzle with a citrus hollandaise by combining 2 egg yolks, 1/4 of a lime, a pinch of salt, and 1/4 cup hot melted butter, whisking until completely emulsified.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen