Coconut Macadamia Salmon
1. Heat oven to 375°.
2. Place chopped macadamias and coconut flakes on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
3. In a small bowl, combine macadamias, coconut flakes, lime zest and fresh thyme. Stir to combine. Reserve.
4. Cut salmon side into 6 portions.
5. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with oil. Sear the salmon skin side down for 1-2 minutes, until the skin is crispy. Turn and sear for 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat. Turn fillets skin side down.
6. Top fillets with macadamia and coconut mixture. Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish remaining thyme over salmon filets.
Tip: For additional flavor, drizzle with a citrus hollandaise by combining 2 egg yolks, 1/4 of a lime, a pinch of salt, and 1/4 cup hot melted butter, whisking until completely emulsified.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen