New England Style Seafood Boil
Indulge in the mouthwatering flavors of a New England style seafood boil, where a medley of fresh seafood and vibrant ingredients come together to create a culinary masterpiece. This recipe takes you on a coastal journey, infusing your senses with the rich aromas and delectable tastes of the sea.
To begin, melt half a cup of butter in a large stock pot. As the butter melts add the finely chopped onions, celery and a generous portion of minced garlic. Allow the ingredients to cook until the onions turn translucent, and the celery begins to soften, releasing their natural flavors. Sprinkle some sea salt and freshly ground peppercorn to season the mixture, enhancing its taste profile.
Now, pour in a cup of chicken broth, which adds a savory depth to the boil. Next, add two cups of white wine, a delightful addition that infuses a subtle hint of sophistication into the dish. As the broth simmers, it creates the perfect environment for the seafood to absorb the flavorful goodness.
Time to add the star ingredients to the pot. Begin with fresh corn cobs, halved, and diced russet potatoes. These add a comforting and hearty element to the boil. Then, it's time to bring in the seafood. Add king crab legs, lobster tails, jumbo scallops, sockeye salmon fillets and mussels in garlic butter sauce. These ocean treasures complement each other, creating a seafood symphony.
Cover the pot and let the steam work its magic. The seafood will gently cook, absorbing the flavors of the aromatic broth. After a few minutes, unveil the pot to reveal a tantalizing sight. The colors of the seafood and vegetables meld together, creating a vibrant tableau of deliciousness.
To serve, carefully remove all the ingredients from the pot and arrange them on a platter, showcasing the bounty of the sea. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the seafood, adding a bright and tangy element. Sprinkle minced parsley for a touch of freshness and a pop of green. If desired, serve the cooking liquid on the side as a sauce, allowing the flavors to enhance the seafood even further.
Get ready to savor every bite of this New England Style Seafood Boil. With its combination of fresh ingredients, aromatic flavors and coastal charm, this dish is sure to transport you to the shores of New England with each mouthful. Gather your loved ones, roll up your sleeves and prepare to dive into a seafood feast that will create lasting memories.
- In large stock pot, melt butter. Add onions, celery and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent and celery begins to soften. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken broth and white wine, bring to a simmer.
- Add corn and potatoes, cover with lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add crab legs, lobster tails and scallops. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes.
- Finally, add salmon fillets and mussels. Cover and steam for 10-15 minutes or until the salmon is fully cooked.
- Remove all ingredients from pot and arrange on platter. Top with lemon juice and parsley before serving. If desired, serve cooking liquid on the side as a sauce.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen