Seared Scallops with Lemon Cream Sauce
Bright and zesty pistachio cream paired with a succulent seared scallop.
- In a food processor, pulse pistachios into a fine dust.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add garlic and cook until aromatic.
- Add ground pistachios to onion mixture to form a paste. Cook 3-5 minutes or until the pistachios release their aroma.
- Whisk in cream and reduce heat to low. Let sauce sit on low heat, stirring occasionally until cream slightly reduces.
- Stir lemon juice and zest into cream sauce. Strain sauce through fine mesh sieve and return to low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until needed.
- In a large sauté pan over high heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Swirling the pan, allow butter to brown, about 1 minute, then sear bottoms of scallops. Once the bottoms are browned, turn and sear other side. Lower heat, cover and allow to steam until fully cooked.
- Plate scallops on top of lemon cream sauce, reserving some sauce to drizzle over the top. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately
Tip: Use remaining sauce to pair with your favorite pasta.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen